A Planter's Paradise Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Terra Cotta Icing Color Add to shopping list Terra Cotta Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-to-Use Pastel Blue Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-to-Use Pastel Blue Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Pink Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Violet Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Yellow Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Yellow Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- chocolate cookie crumbs
Cake serves 30.
- Celebrate with Fondant! Book (Picket Fence and Trowel Patterns used)Easy-Add Celebrate with Fondant! Book Add to shopping list Celebrate with Fondant! Book
- Petal Pan Set (15 in. used)Easy-Add Petal Pan Set Add to shopping list Petal Pan Set
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Craft knife
- Embroidery scissors
- 3 each 18 Gauge cloth-covered florist wire 10 in. and 8 in., one each 7 in and 5 in.
At least 3-4 days in advance: Make fondant flowers, leaves, trowel, seed packet, gloves, fence pickets and posts. Add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex to 24 oz. white fondant.
For flowers, tint 3 in. balls of white fondant light rose, violet and yellow; knead in 1/2 teaspoon additional Gum-Tex to each.
Roll out colors 1/8 in. thick and cut flowers for flower pot: 2 pink and 1 yellow using large flower Cut-Out, 3 violet and 1 yellow using medium daisy Cut-Out, 1 violet and 1 yellow using large daisy Cut-Out and 1 violet using medium flower Cut-Out.
Attach 1 medium daisy to each large daisy with damp brush. Using small flower and daisy Cut-Outs, cut various color small blossoms.
Tint a 2 in. ball of green fondant, add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex, roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut 6 leaves using medium Cut-Out.
Let all flowers and leaves dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. When dry, roll 1/8 in. balls of white fondant for flower centers and attach with damp brush.
Using Icing Writer, pipe lines on flowers. Using Bold Tip green FoodWriter, draw veins.
Attach flowers and leaves to wires with thinned fondant; let dry.
For 36 pickets, roll out 24 oz. of white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut using pattern.
For fence posts, roll out white fondant 3/8 in. thick and cut 3/8 x 2 1/2 in. long strips.
For post tops, roll 8 balls, 3/8 in. diameter. Let all dry. For trowel, tint a 1 1/2 in. ball of white fondant gray using black icing color; knead in 1/2 teaspoon additional Gum-Tex; using pattern, cut trowel.
Let dry on flower former dusted with cornstarch. For seed packet, cut a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in. strip of white and a 2 1/4 x 2 in. strip of green.
Attach green strip to white with damp brush. Attach various color small blossoms with damp brush. With Fine Tip green FoodWriter, draw stems and leaves, print "SEEDS". Let dry with corner against flower former.
For gloves, roll out white fondant 1/4 in. thick. Use toothpick to carefully trace around your hands.
Cut out hands with craft knife, starting 1/4 in. inside tracing for smaller gloves. Gently smooth edges, fold thumbs under and slightly bend areas for a soft look. Cut a strip the length of wrist area, 1/2 in. wide; attach under wrist for dimension using a damp brush.
Attach small blossoms with damp brush; using FoodWriters, add purple dot flower centers and pink decorative dots to gloves. Let dry.
Also in advance: Make cake base. Cut three 18 in. cake boards 1 1/2 in. wider than 15 in. petal pan. Cover prepared board with 36 oz. of pastel green fondant (p. 99) and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Let dry.
Prepare 2-layer 15 in. petal cake (3 in. high) for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover with pastel blue fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Position on cake base.
Attach 4 pickets to each petal division with damp brush; attach posts and tops at division points with damp brush.
For grass, tint remaining pastel green fondant with Leaf Green icing color. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut 1/2 x 3 in. long strips. Cut fringe on one edge with scissors and attach at bottom border with damp brush. Add more layers, tucking between first layers. Attach small blossoms with damp brush.
For trowel handle, roll a 3 3/4 x 1/2 in. wide log of dark green fondant; cut a notch in one end with scissors. Using rounded end of brush, make a hanging hole at top of handle. Insert trowel in handle.
Tint 16 oz. white fondant terra cotta mixed with a little brown.
Prepare Mini Wonder Mold cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with terra cotta fondant; smooth. Turn cake wide side up.
Roll out terra cotta 5/16 in. thick and cut a 1 3/4 in. strip to wrap around top edge of cake; attach with damp brush, extending 1/4 in. higher than cake edge.
For flowerpot tray, cut a 3 1/2 in. cake board circle. Roll terra cotta fondant 1/4 in. thick and cut a 3 1/2 in. circle; place on board.
Cut a 3/4 in. wide strip to wrap around circle; attach. Cut a 3/8 in. wide strip to overlap previous strip; attach. Cut a 1/4 in. wide strip and attach to cover seam along top edge.
Position flower pot cake on tray. Insert a plastic dowel rod cut to height of pot, in center of cake; remove cake inside rod and position rod.
Place a piece of fondant at bottom of rod to secure flowers. Position flowers, then position flower pot on petal cake.
Sprinkle top of flower pot with cookie crumbs.
Position trowel, seed packet and gloves.