A Perfect Fit Cake
No need to puzzle over the way these fondant pieces fit together. Position some of the hearts, then use your cookie cutter to remove overlapping areas in an inlay fashion.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Prepare 2-layer cake for fondant; cover with approximately 36 oz. of fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Divide 24 oz. of fondant into 5 portions; tint green, rose, violet, yellow and peach.
Roll out each color fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using 3rd largest heart cutter, cut 3 or 4 hearts at a time in various colors.
Position on cake to determine overlapping areas. Remove from cake and cut out overlapping portions to form an inlay pattern. Attach inlay hearts on cake with brush dipped in water; smooth edges with fingers.
Repeat to cover entire cake and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Let set for 2 to 4 hours. Print messages with FoodWriter.