A Pedestal of Petals Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Sugar Pearls Sprinkles Add to shopping list Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
Cake serves 24
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Giant Cupcake Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 45 Add to shopping list Tip: 45
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Our Day Figurine Add to shopping list Our Day Figurine
- Candy Melting Plate (4 needed)Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make flowers. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 oz. fondant; roll out 1/16 in. thick. cut 80 flowers using medium Flower Cut-Out. Make extras to allow for breakage. Let dry in Candy Melting Plate dusted with cornstarch. When flowers have dried, brush on Pearl Dust. Use fondant adhesive to attach Sugar Pearl centers.
Bake and cool cake. Stack top and bottom; trim 3 x 2 in. of top flat where ornament will sit. Using violet icing, pipe 2 tip 6 vertical lines into each indentation of cupcake bottom. Pipe vertical center line using white icing and tip 45. Pipe tip 2 violet bead hearts, about 1/2 in. apart, beginning at bottom and working upward. Ice top of cupcake smooth. Attach large flowers, beginning at bottom edge and working upward; leave center open for ornament.
At reception: Position ornament.†.
*Combine Violet with Pink for violet shown.
† Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.