A Peachy Present! Cake
Decorating with fondant allows you to have beautifully-cut shapes and easy decorating in one package. Cut-Outs easily create perfectly-shaped raised daisies and the Fondant Ribbon Cutter/Embosser simplifies making the perfect pinked-edge ribbon. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Your favorite 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 45.
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Facial tissue
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
Several days before decorating cake add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 ounces fondant; roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Make 7 in. long strips for loops, and one 3 in. long strip for bow center using wavy-edge wheels of Ribbon Cutter/Embosser with 1 in. spacer. Form loops and bow center, attaching ends together with damp brush. Allow bow to dry on sides on cornstarch-dusted surface, placing crushed tissue in center of loops to support. For streamers, cut two 4 in. long strips with Ribbon Cutter/Embosser. With fingers, create a gently curved shape and let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface, supported with crushed tissue. Let dry for several hours.
Tint 2 ounces of remaining fondant/Gum-Tex mixture peach. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut 30 daisies using medium Cut-Out. Let dry in melting plate cavities dusted with cornstarch. For flower centers, roll 1/8 in. diameter balls of white fondant. Attach to flowers with damp brush; slightly flatten centers with fingers. Let dry at least 2-3 hours.
Bake and cool a 2-layer 13 x 9 in. sheet cake. Stack cooled cake layers on foil-covered cake board. Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Tint 40 ounces fondant peach; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cover cake with tinted fondant; smooth.
Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut two 8 in. long strips and two 10 in. long strips, to match loops. Position strips on cake, trimming where they intersect; attach with damp brush. Attach streamers and bow center with thinned fondant adhesive. Insert loops in bow center, attaching with thinned fondant adhesive. Attach daisies to cake randomly with thinned fondant adhesive.