A New Spin on Aging Cake
This simple round cake puts A New Spin On Aging. Fashioned after a board game spinner, this fun cake provides comic completions to the statement, “You are older than….”
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Tall Tier Stand Set 14 in. plate
- Easy-Add 6 1/2 in. Column Add to shopping list 6 1/2 in. Column
- Easy-Add Column Bolt Add to shopping list Column Bolt
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Pizza cutter
- Craft knife
Core and prepare 2-layer cake for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream.
Cover with chocolate fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoothers.
Set aside 1/8 pk. of white fondant. Divide remainder of white fondant into fourths; tint blue, green, rose, and yellow. Using wedge pattern, roll out and cut out 2 wedges in each color.
Position wedges on cake. Trim cake center with knife.
Using pattern, cut spinner from cardboard and wrap with foil.
Print tip 2 messages on spinner and wedges in buttercream.
Using pizza cutter, cut 1/4 in. diameter strips of white fondant and position with small amount of water on brush, as seams between wedges.
Cut two 1/4 in. diameter strips of matching fondant for each wedge; attach strips with damp brush to cake sides as double drop strings.
Roll small balls of fondant and attach at ends of drapes with damp brush.
Place column in center of cake and position a 1 1/2 in. diameter ball of yellow fondant on top.
Roll 1 in. diameter balls of chocolate fondant and position for bottom border.