A Monster Is Born!
Create this strapping young man as part of a lively laboratory scene for Halloween! Use our Skull Comfort-Grip Cutter and Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant to shape the body.
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (1 1/2 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each Cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Comfort Grip Skull Cutter Add to shopping list Comfort Grip Skull Cutter
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Prepare and roll out chocolate and plain cookie dough. Using knife, cut one 12 in. x 3 1/2 in. rectangle for table top and three 11 in. x 2 in. rectangles from chocolate dough for table base. Score lines 1/2 in. apart for board divisions and random lines for wood grain. Using skull cutter, cut three skulls from plain dough. Using knife, cut four 4 in. x 1 in. rectangles for legs. Bake and cool cookies.
Ice one skull cookie smooth with green icing. Using tip 3 and icing, pipe white dot eyes, black dot pupils, green bead nose and dot nostrils, gray bead bolts (smooth all with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 3 black hair and outline eyebrow. Pipe tip 1 black outline mouth.
For each leg, sandwich together two 4 in. x 1 in. rectangle cookies with icing. Ice smooth with black icing. For table base, sandwich together three 11 in. x 2 in. rectangle cookies with candy. Attach table top cookie to base. Let set.
For upper body, sandwich together two skull cookies with brown icing. Ice smooth with brown icing. Attach upper body and leg cookies to table top with brown icing. Using icing, pipe tip 1A brown outline arms, tip 3 green ball hands. Score fingers with knife. Position a 1 oz. ball of brown fondant under head for support.
Tint 1 oz. fondant black and 1/2 oz. gray. For shoes, roll 1 1/2 in. x 1 in. x 1/2 in. thick ovals from black fondant. Attach with icing. For straps, roll out gray fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut two 5 in. x 1/2 in. strips. Attach with damp brush.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow Icing Color for green shown.
* Combine Brown with Black and Red-Red for brown shown.