Wide Glide™ …
A Hoot and a Howl! Cake
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (60 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 28
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Pumpkin Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Pumpkin Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
1 week in advance: Make gum paste trims for cake top.
Tint gum paste: 18 oz. yellow, 8 oz. orange, 4 oz. light violet, 2 oz. dark violet; reserve a small amount of white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick unless otherwise specified.
Using patterns, cut out yellow moon with tree in 1 piece. Set on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut orange tree; attach over yellow base using Gum Paste Adhesive. Use cutter to cut out pumpkin; set on cornstarch-dusted board. Roll out violet 1/16 in. thick; use pattern to cut out owl. Attach.
For trims, roll out gum paste 1/16 in. thick. Cut thin yellow and orange strips for pumpkin lines, white eyes for pumpkin and owl, light violet pumpkin nose, mouth and irises, dark violet owl wings, bow tie, nose and pupils for pumpkin. Attach all using Gum Paste Adhesive. Let dry 1 week.
When dry, attach Lollipop Sticks with melted candy. Carefully turn gum paste pieces over onto waxed paper-covered cake boards. Attach three 3 in. lengths where tree branches connect to moon and on upper trunk section. Attach 6 in. length to tree trunk and 5 in. length to pumpkin, leaving 3 in. exposed at bottom to insert into cake. Attach two 8 in. lengths to back of moon, leaving 5 in. exposed at bottom.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers for a 3 in. high cake). Tint fondant: 34 oz. green, 16 oz. orange; reserve 3 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed, unless otherwise specified. Prepare and cover cake with 24 oz. green fondant.
Use cutter to cut pumpkin stem; cut out 1 in. long leaf shape. Cut thin strips for stem and leaf details and attach using damp brush. Reserve remaining green. Tint a small amount of icing dark violet; pipe tip 1 eyelids. Cut 32 x 3 in. high orange strip; attach around cake using damp brush.
Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using narrow end of tip 12, cut 300 white dots; attach in 5 staggered rows, about 1/2 in. apart. For grass, roll out reserved green 1/4 in. thick. Cut 18 assorted strips, 1 in. to 4 in. wide and 1/2 to 1 1/4 in. high. Cut triangle-shaped blades on top edge. Attach using damp brush. Insert tree; position pumpkin to hide sticks supporting moon.
* Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow and Orange for yellow shown.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.