A Gift From The Heart Cake
On Valentine’s Day, give your special someone a Gift from the Heart. This cake is simple to decorate using ready-to-use rolled fondant and heart cut-outs, and it’s even easier to enjoy!
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Pastel Pink Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Pastel Pink Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
Prepare 2-layer cake to be covered with fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Cover cake with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
Use largest heart Cut-Out to randomly cut fondant pieces from covered cake.
Roll out various fondant colors and cut largest heart Cut-Out; position fondant hearts in open areas on cake.
Cut various color hearts using medium and smallest Cut-Outs. Attach with damp brush, layering some on inlay hearts.
To make border, roll two 1/4 in. diameter ropes and twist to form braid; attach with damp brush.