A Formal Invitation Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
Cake serves 15.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Prepare base board using double-thick cake board cut to 12 in. square. Tint 20 oz. of fondant black and cover board.
Prepare 1-layer cake for rolled fondant. Cover cake and smooth with Fondant Smoother. For ribbon, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut a 1 1/4 x 12 in. long strip. Cut bottom end of strip diagonally. Quilt all edges using serrated quilting wheel from set. Starting at back side of cake, 1 1/4 in. from left edge, attach strip with damp brush. Cut two strips 1/8 x 14 in. long and attach 1/4 in. from each side of ribbon with damp brush. Paint ribbon and strips with mixture of Pearl Dust and vanilla.
For monogram background, roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick; cut a 1 3/4 x 2 in. rectangle. Attach to ribbon with damp brush. Cut and attach 1/8 in. wide strips to rectangle edges with damp brush. Paint edges with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture. Write tip 2 initial and tip 3 message. Pipe tip 3 bead bottom border.