A Feather in Your Cap Cake
Celebrate any occasion with flair! A Feather in Your Cap Cake features a fondant bow, feathers, and flowers. Perfect for milestone birthdays or Easter!
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Pastel Pink Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Pastel Pink Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Pastel Yellow Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Pastel Yellow Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 15.
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Florist Wire 18 gauge, cloth covered
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cotton Balls
- Wire Cutters
- Paring Knife
Two days in advance, make feathers.
Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex with 4 oz. Purple fondant.
Roll out fondant and cut 7 x 2 in. small feather piece and 9 x 2 in. and large feather piece.
Curl large feather at 6 in. point. Using knife, cut fringed ends of feathers and let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
When completely dry, attach florist wire to backs of feathers (to support top 3/4 of feather) and lollipop sticks to bottoms of feathers with hot glue. Set aside.
Use medium flower Cut-Out to cut 3 flowers, attach small ball of fondant for flower center with damp brush. For flower bases, make 3 cone-shaped fondant pieces using 1/2 in. ball for each, and insert florist wire into tip of cone 1/2 the way up; let dry.
When completely dry, attach wired cone to back of flower with hot glue (extend lollipop stick 2 in. past feather end).
To make bow, roll a 12 x 2 1/2 in. strip of fondant, fold ends together and pinch in the middle. Wrap center with 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 in. pieces of fondant. Place cotton balls inside bow loops to support and let dry.
Bake 1 in. high 10 in. round cake and 1/2 Sports Ball Cake.
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Position 1/2 ball cake on round cake.
Cover cakes with fondant; smooth. Cut 1 in. strip of fondant for hatband and attach with damp brush.
Cut white fondant dots with smallest round Cut-Out and attach with damp brush.
Fill flower spike with small piece of fondant. Trim wires on flowers as needed and insert into flower spike.
Insert flower spike into cake and position bow.