A Fairytale Romance Cake
Adorned with garlands of icing flowers, this cake is fit for a prince and princess! This tiered cake design is embellished with the Romantic Castle Cake Set.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 216.
- Hexagon Pan Set (15 in. pan used)Easy-Add Hexagon Pan Set Add to shopping list Hexagon Pan Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Just Married Cake Pick Add to shopping list Just Married Cake Pick
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Triple thick 20 in. round cake base or 1/2 in. thick plywood board
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make hearts and flowers using royal icing. Cover pattern with waxed paper and make 11 tip 4 hearts. Make approximately 360 tip 225 drop flowers and 770 tip 129 drop flowers. Add tip 2 dot centers to all flowers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth (for 18 in. cake, bake four 2 in. high half rounds to make a 4 in. high cake). Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction To make towers which will be inserted into cakes more stable, attach Plastic Dowel Rods to bottom of towers as follows: For 4 large and 2 medium towers in 18 in. cake, cut dowel rods to height of cake; for 4 small towers and 1 medium tower in hexagon and round cakes, cut dowel rods 1 in. shorter than height of cake. Stand?towers upside down; attach cut dowel rod to base with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm. Attach turret peaks to towers. Assemble cakes. Insert plastic windows on 6 in. and hexagon cakes 1 1/2 in. from base of cake. Insert door and position main roof. Using buttercream icing, pipe tip 4 bead hearts above windows. With tip 3, outline windows and pipe double drop strings. Attach tip 225 flowers with dots of icing; add tip 349 leaves. Insert 1 medium and 2 small towers in 6 in. cake; decorate towers with buttercream. With tip 3, outline windows and pipe double drop strings. Pipe tip 4 bead hearts above windows. Attach tip 225 flowers to windowsills with dots of icing; add tip 349 leaves. Attach tip 225 drop flowers to battlements and in a cascade from top of turret peaks; add tip 349 leaves. Pipe tip 16 rosette on turret peaks; insert royal icing hearts. Position tip 225 drop flowers around bottom of towers and on top and bottom borders. Insert 2 small towers in hexagon cake; decorate same as towers in 6 in. cake. Attach tip 225 drop flowers around door, main roof and top border of cake. Pipe tip 349 leaves.
Decorate 18 in. cake: Using Cake Dividing Set, divide cake into 12ths. Mark 1 1/2 in. down from marks. Pipe tip 16 zigzag garland between marks. Attach tip 225 and tip 129 drop flowers on garland, pipe tip 349 leaves. Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border. Cover with tip 225 and tip 129 drop flowers, add tip 349 leaves. Pipe tip 16 shell top border. Position 4 large and 2 medium towers on side of cake, at hexagon points. Decorate towers same as 6 in. cake. .
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.