A Diamond for the Groom Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 63
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- 2003 Pattern Book (Infield, Pitcher's Mound)Easy-Add 2003 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2003 Pattern Book
- 9 needed Designer Groomsmen
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 11 ¾ in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 ¾ in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Colored construction paper
- Craft glue
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Black felt-tip pen
- Waxed paper
In advance, decorate groomsmen with stiff buttercream icing: Pipe tip 3 zigzags on tops of heads (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Overpipe two tip 3 lines on front of head for brim and blend with brush. Pipe tip 1 letter. Set aside.
Cut and tape together cake board to measure 15 x 15 in.; cover with foil.
Prepare 1-layer cake for rolled fondant. Cover with 2½ pks. of green-tinted fondant; smooth.
Reserve a 2 in. ball of white fondant and tint remainder of fondant light brown.
Roll out brown fondant and cut infield and pitcher's mound using patterns; position on cake with brush dipped in water.
Roll out white fondant and cut ¾ in. square bases; attach with brush dipped in water. Pipe tip 233 pull out grass bottom border.
Cut out pennants using construction paper.
Write message with marker and attach to lollipop sticks with tape.
Position men on field with icing.
Pipe tip 233 pull out grass around feet.