A Diamond Day Cake
Fondant diamonds in gentle yellow create glamorous texture on this tiered cake and its matching shower cakes.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 156.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 16 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Bianca Figurine Add to shopping list Bianca Figurine
- Easy-Add 9 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand Add to shopping list 9 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 17 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand Add to shopping list 17 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Crystal-Look Separator Plates (13 inch needed)Easy-Add Crystal-Look Separator Plates Add to shopping list Crystal-Look Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Grease-Proof white doilles (6 and 14 inch doilies needed)
- Fresh and Silk flowers
- 12 inch wide Non-skid Mat
Tint reserved fondant Lemon Yellow with a little Golden Yellow. Roll out and cut approximately 104 squares using medium Cut-Out. Attach squares to cake sides, point-to-point in 2 rows, using damp brush. Pipe tip 3 dots at meeting points. Add tip 6 ball bottom borders to all cakes.
At reception: Assemble cake. Position 16 in. cake on 17 in. plate and stand. Insert four hidden pillars. Cut 14 in. doily to fit and place on cake top. Position 12 in. cake on 13 in. plate. Position the second 13 in. plate, feet up, on 12 in. cake, securing with buttercream. Trim non-skid mat to fit inside plate. Position mat and 9 in. stand on plate; position 8 in. cake on stand. Cut four dowel rods to 5 1/2 in. long and insert in center of 8 in. cake for ornament support. Cut 6 in. doily to fit and position on cake top. Attach top only of Crystal-Look Base to dowel rods with buttercream; position ornament, securing with buttercream. Pipe mounds of buttercream on cake tops and position flowers.
*Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.