A Chapel Awaits Cake
It’s the big day. The bride is ready and a Chapel Awaits—no matter how the groom feels! This charming chapel cake could be used at a bridal shower or at the gift or dessert table at the reception.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up House Pan Add to shopping list Stand-Up House Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 1D Add to shopping list Tip: 1D
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Now I Have You Figurine Add to shopping list Now I Have You Figurine
- 2004 Pattern Book (Steeple, Circle Window, Front & Side Windows, Door)Easy-Add 2004 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2004 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Angled Spatula Add to shopping list Angled Spatula
In advance, make approximately 36 each of the following royal icing drop flowers: tip 224 in rose with tip 3 dot centers in white; tip 129 in violet with tip 3 dot centers in white. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
In advance, cut steeple pattern from cookie dough and bake. Attach lollipop stick to back of cookie with royal icing; let set. Ice front of cookie smooth, add tip 4 bead border. Set aside.
Ice house front, back and sides smooth in buttercream on foil-covered board; ice roof using a spatula to create a shingle effect.
Trace door and window patterns with toothpick, with windows 1 in. from bottom of cake. Outline windows and door with tip 4. Pipe another tip 4 line next to outline. Pipe a third tip 4 line on top and between the first two. Overpipe the third line with a tip 2 line.
Edge windows and door with tip 3 dots. Pipe tip 4 center line on door and add tip 4 dot handles. Pipe tip 1D (smooth side up) band eaves on front of house. Pipe tip 16 zigzag garland on eaves.
Attach a drop flower at points of garlands; add tip 349 leaves. Pipe tip 4 outline doorstep.
Attach clusters of flowers around base of house. Insert steeple cookie on roof.
Using tinted piping gel in cut parchment triangles, pipe-in windows for stained-glass look.