A Champagne Toast Cookie
Cheers to the new couple with this cute cookie treat. Present these to guests as a wedding or shower favor.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Heart Nesting Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Heart Nesting Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Ribbon (12 inches needed per treat)
- Card stock or paper
- Hole punch
- Black fine tip marker
Prepare and roll out dough. For each glass top, cut 1 heart using 2nd largest cutter from set. Use knife to cut off top curves (about 3/4 in.); bottom of shape will be used for glass top. For base of glass, cut 1 heart using largest cutter from set. Cut across 1 top curve at a 45º angle to create a 1 1/4 in. deep semi-circle (each heart shape makes 2 bases). Bake and cool cookies.
Outline cookies using tip 2 and full-strength royal icing; let set. Prepare thinned royal icing in white and yellow. Flow in base and about 3/8 in. of glass top with white; flow in remainder of glass top with yellow. Let dry 48 hours. Brush yellow portion of glass top with Pearl Dust. Cut cookie sticks to 4 in. long. Attach to back of cookies using full-strength royal icing. Let dry. Cut 2 x 1 1/2 in. tag; punch hole and add message. Tie onto cookie stick with ribbon.