A Captivating Moment Cake
She’s captured his heart - and won’t let go! This humorous cake design shows that true love is the key to taming the wandering soul. Pretty pastel flowers add a festive touch.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Ball and Chain Figurine Add to shopping list Ball and Chain Figurine
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
In advance: Make heart topper. Position pattern on board and cover with waxed paper. Outline heart using royal icing and tip 8; let dry. Trim 3 lollipop sticks to extend 4 in. below bottom of heart for insertion in cake. Attach sticks for middle bars of heart with royal icing. For remaining bars, cut lollipop sticks to fit exactly; attach with royal icing. Overpipe heart outline with tip 8. Let dry. Also: Pipe royal icing bead hearts for cake sides in assorted sizes using tip 5 and tip 8. Let dry. And: Make 85 pink and 55 violet drop flowers using royal icing and tip 129. Pipe tip 3 dot centers. Let dry.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in buttercream. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction and position on serving plate. Attach flowers to heart with royal icing. Using buttercream, attach flowers for bottom borders; add tip 349 leaves. Print tip 3 message. Attach bead hearts to cake sides with dots of icing. Position heart topper and couple topper on cake top.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
**Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.