A Buggy of Bargains Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Baby Buggy Pan Add to shopping list Baby Buggy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 2007 Pattern Book Shopping bags patternEasy-Add 2007 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2007 Pattern Book
- Paring Knife
- Pink Curling Ribbon
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance: Combine 12 oz. of fondant with 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex™; reserve remaining fondant. Make fondant baby, shopping bags, hearts and cell phone.
Combine 12 oz. of fondant with 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex™; reserve remaining fondant.
Tint portions of fondant mixture light copper, rose, violet, blue, green and yellow. Roll out all colors 1/8 in. thick. Using circle cutter, cut out face in light copper.
For ears, use large opening of tip 12 to cut two 3/4 in. circles in copper; trim one side to fit head. Attach to side of face with damp brush.
Let face dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.
Cut out shopping bags using pattern.
Reroll rose fondant to 1/4 in. thick. Using largest Cut-Out, cut 3 hearts.
For cell phone, cut a 2 1/4 x 1/2 in. rectangle; cut a 1/2 in. strip for antenna.
For hand, roll a 5/8 in. ball of copper fondant; wrap around cell phone. Indent fingers with brush handle.
Make extras of all pieces to allow for breakage and let dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.
Using royal icing, decorate baby. Pipe tip 3 dot eyes and pipe in mouth. Add tip 3 dot cheeks, nose and tongue. Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Cut a 3/8 x 2 in. strip for hair bow. Fold ends into center and pinch to form bow. Attach a small ball for center knot with damp brush.
Write store names on bags and message on hearts with FoodWriters™. Attach ribbon strips to fondant hearts with royal icing.
Ice background areas of buggy cake smooth in buttercream.
Using light rose and white buttercream, pipe checkerboard design with tip 18 stars in alternating color squares. Pipe tip 3 outline ribs on hood in dark rose.
Fill in hood with tip 18 stars in light rose.
Add tip 18 zigzag buggy brim in light rose.
Add tip 8 outline wheel spokes and dot wheel center (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe tip 12 outline wheel rims and buggy handle in light rose.
Position hearts, shopping bags, face and cell phone.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.