A Birthday They'll Never Forget Cake
How do you know it will be a Birthday They’ll Never Forget? Serve them a cake topped with a large elephant and ringed with candy peanuts.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Cake serves 56.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- 4-pc. Oval Pan Set (16 1/2 x 12 3/8 in. pan used)Easy-Add 4-pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4-pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 20 Add to shopping list Tip: 20
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Cordial Cups Candy Mold Add to shopping list Cordial Cups Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Snack Time Candy Mold Add to shopping list Snack Time Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add White Celebration Candles Add to shopping list White Celebration Candles
- 2004 Pattern Book (Elephant Ears)Easy-Add 2004 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2004 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add 8 1/2 in. x 6 in. Oval Separator Plate Add to shopping list 8 1/2 in. x 6 in. Oval Separator Plate
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- 20 x 13 1/2 in. Heavy Board Cut Into Oval
Bake and cool ducky cake and 2-layer oval cakes (two 1 1/2 in. high layers to make 3 in. high cake).
In advance, mold 28 peanuts using Snack Time Mold and Candy Melts in the following quantities: 1/2 pk. white, 1/2 pk. yellow, 1/4 pk. lt. cocoa and 8 disks orange. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Mold one cup using Cordial Cup Mold and melted candy of your choice. Set all aside.
Position ducky cake on oval separator plate. Trim off bill and tail. Make trunk.
Make ears: Using pattern, cut 2 ears from cake board, wrap with foil.
Ice front of ears smooth in buttercream icing.
Cut lollipop stick in two 6 1/2 in. lengths, and insert into flat edge of cardboard ears, then insert end of sticks into cake.
Using tip 8, build up icing between cake and plate.
Pipe-in whites of eyes with tip 6 (smooth with fingers dipped in cornstarch). Pipe-in tip 3 dot pupils.
Cover body, edges and back of ears, head and trunk with tip 18 stars. Pipe tip 1 outline eyelashes; tip 3 mouth.
Make hat: Ice cordial cup smooth and attach to top of head with dots of icing. Add smooth side tip 47 band around base of hat. Add tip 20 fleur de lis.
Make tail: Prepare a decorating bag with icing, fitted with tip 6. Cut a 3 in. length of licorice, insert into opening of tip, then while gently squeezing bag, pull out licorice, coating it with icing. Attach to elephant, add tip 1 pull out dot fringe on end.
Ice 2-layer oval cake smooth.
Cut hidden pillars to 2 in. above cake. Push hidden pillars into cake and cover with tip 8 zigzags to build up.
Pipe tip 18 stars on legs, pipe tip 4 dot toenails. Divide oval cake into 16ths. Pipe tip 102 double swags between division marks.
Pipe tip 8 ball balloons at division points. Add tip 21 shell bottom border, and tip 3 message. Position candy peanuts.
To assemble: Place elephant onto hidden pillars.