A Bear in the Air Cookies
Who needs a box of chocolates when you can have A Bear in the Air? This almost completely edible creation features a teddy bear cookie surrounded by Valentine’s Day-themed cookies in a candy clay basket.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
light corn syrup
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Heart Copper Cutter Add to shopping list Heart Copper Cutter
- Easy-Add Nesting Teddy Bear Perimeter Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Teddy Bear Perimeter Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Valentine Color Anodized Cutter Set Add to shopping list Valentine Color Anodized Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 2 5 x 1 in. Deep Round Craft Blocks
- Waxed paper
- White Curling Ribbon
- Cellophane Tape
A day in advance: Prepare balloon basket.
Cut 12 lollipop sticks to 3 in. long. Dip sticks into 1/2 pk. of melted Candy Melts, tap to remove excess and let dry approximately 30 minutes on waxed paper.
Remelt remaining candy and pour 1/4 in. deep in pan; insert 12 sticks evenly around edge.
Refrigerate to set overnight.
Roll Candy Clay ropes, 24 in. long and 1/2 in. diameter.
Weave rope pieces around sticks, blending ends and trimming off excess in each row and making new rows to reach basket top. For top, twist 2 ropes together and insert on sticks.
Double cookie dough recipe. Cut, bake and cool the following cookies: 3 hearts using copper cutter, 1 bear using largest bear cutter, 4 of each Valentine shape using colored cutters.
Multiply Color Flow recipe by 5; tint 3 cups pink, 1 cup brown, 1 1/2 cups each green, yellow and violet, 1/2 cup each black, bright pink; reserve 1/2 cup white. Using Color Flow instructions and tips 2 and 3, flow in and decorate all cookies.
Cut one dowel rod to 12 in. and two to 9 in. long; wrap with curling ribbon. Trim one craft block to fit basket.
Cut second block in half and form a moon shape; line up with back of first block and wrap 2 layers with foil.
Attach block inside basket, dowel rods to heart balloon cookies and lollipop stick to bear cookie with melted candy.
Make holes in craft block with lollipop stick; insert cookies on sticks.
Arrange remaining cookies in basket.