1 plus 1 = TWINS! Cake
Announcing twins is twice as fun, especially when you reveal the news with an amazing cake! Use the Checkerboard Pan Set to spotlight both colors—pink and blue—in one cake!
3 - 18.25 oz. Favorite White Cake Recipe or Mix
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
cake serves 28
- Easy-Add Checkerboard Cake Pan Add to shopping list Checkerboard Cake Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set Add to shopping list A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 11 x 7 in. Non-Stick Biscuit/Brownie Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 7 in. Non-Stick Biscuit/Brownie Pan
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
Prepare 3 boxes white cake mix following package instructions; divide in half. In one portion of batter, gently stir I Sky Blue Icing Color to desired shade (use clean toothpicks to transfer color from jar to batter). Repeat with Rose Icing Color to color second portion.
For bottom layer, place Batter Dividing Ring in the first prepared pan. Pour first colored batter in outer and center (smallest circle) sections and second colored batter in the middle section. Fill sections 2/3 full. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. Rinse and completely dry ring.
For top layer, repeat step 1 in second prepared pan. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. Rinse and completely dry ring.
For middle layer, place clean and dry ring in third prepared pan. Pour second colored batter above in outer and center (smallest circle) sections and first colored batter in the middle section. Fill sections 2/3 full. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. DO NOT PUT RING IN OVEN.
Bake and cool cakes following recipe directions.
Make candy plaques: Place “number 1” cutter and “plus sign” cutter from set face down in non-stick pan. Melt white candy according to package directions; tint green using green in Garden Candy Colors Set. Melt yellow candy. Fill “number 1” cutter with yellow candy and fill “plus sign” cutter with green candy ¼ in. deep. Refrigerate until firm. Remove candy from cutters and smooth edges with knife. Repeat with number 1 cutter.
Outline numbers with green candy. Let set. Attach lollipops sticks to back of numbers and plus sign with melted candy. Let set.
Stack cakes and ice cake smooth with icing. Pipe shell bottom border with tip 21.
Attach jumbo confetti to cake sides using dots of icing. Insert numbers and plus sign in cake top.