How to Pipe Dots
Pipe dots for flower centers, faces, figure piping and border effects. When making large dots, lift the tip as you squeeze to allow icing to fill out completely.
Fit decorating bag with tip 3 and fill 1/2 full or less with medium consistency icing.
Hold the decorating bag at a 90° angle (straight up) to the surface, with the tip slightly above the surface..
Squeeze the decorating bag applying a steady, even pressure, holding the tip point
slightly in the icing, and being careful not to increase pressure causing the icing to build
up around the tip.
Stop squeezing, pull tip up and to the side circling the dot/ball to eliminate the point.
- See your project instructions for the correct size tip to use.
- The smaller the opening of the tip, the less icing required in the decorating bag.
- The larger the tip opening, the higher the tip should be held when starting to pipe.
- When making large dots, lift the tip as you squeeze to allow icing to fill out completely.
- If icing starts billowing out and around the tip, reduce pressure on your decorating bag.
- Points on dots can be patted down with a finger dipped in cornstarch.