skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Mock Shack's bc recipe
Created On Wednesday September 25, 2013 1:57 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

wannabecakediva
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 1:57 PM

After an exhausting search (could be the searcher) I FINALLY found Bunny's Mock Shack bc recipe. I read all of the responses from this forum from that time frame & I have 2 questions. My kitchen Aid mixer has only a 4.5 qt. bowl & from what I read, this recipe seems to do better if it's made with the 2 bags of powdered sugar & making it go almost all the way to the top of the bowl. But most of the bakers who responded had 5 & 6 qt. bowls on their mixers. So, I'm afraid to try this recipe in the bowl I have & I'm also afraid to use the smaller quantity recipe for fear of it not coming out right. Also in Bunny's recipe it stated that if you use the powdered sugar right out of the bag it shouldn't need to be sifted. Again, I'm afraid to try this because I don't want lumpy frosting. Are my fears unfounded or should I just go for broke? I wrote to this forum a couple of weeks ago because I've been so disappointed in a lot of the bc frosting recipes I have used & this one sounds wonderful & I'm really anxious to try it but I don't want to waste so much product. Also the responses I read about this recipe from the bakers who have used it say it tastes wonderful! I have a tiered cake to make for a family reunion next month & I really want it to turn out not only looking good, but tasting good too. Thank you for any tips or help!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 2:59 PM
View users profile

I have a 6 qt. mixer so I won't answer that part of your question but I can confidently address the rest. You do not need to sift a freshly opened bag of powdered sugar. I can't think of the last time I sifted powdered sugar. I love this recipe. I just made 3 large batches this afternoon - and I didn't sift a bit of it! It's very smooth and tastes wonderful! Go for it!

Report Violation

Bottom

wannabecakediva
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Thank you cakedujour I will give it a try! Thank goodness too, I HATE to sift powdered sugar!

Report Violation

Bottom

ginnyl
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 3:52 PM
View users profile

I do believe that bunny's recipe using 4lbs of powdered sugar will fit nicely in your mixer..I have done it before I bought my 6 qt mixer..and yes, this is a dynamite recipe.
ginny

Report Violation

Bottom

ginnyl
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 4:29 PM
View users profile

Just did a new search and see that bunny's original post shows using 2lbs of powdered sugar for the smaller size mixer..double check the posting again..
ginny

Report Violation

Bottom

wannabecakediva
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 4:53 PM

Thanks ginnyl! I had seen on the previous posting that I could use 2lbs. of sugar, but I was still afraid to try it because a couple of people wrote to say it didn't turn out well. Glad to hear I can use it in my size of mixer. I have learned (the hard way) that things do come flying out & can decorate your walls nicely!!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2013 6:21 PM
View users profile

Powdered sugar flies everywhere. I always throw a clean towel or plastic wrap over the top, even when I have the guard on the mixer.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: