skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Devil's Food vs. chocolate..what is difference?
Grammyto5 03/19/2013 5:54 PM
I have a customer who doesn't like Devil's Food cake and prefers "chocolate". Does anyone know what the difference is? I see Devil's Food, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate
mmumsie 03/19/2013 6:16 PM
Let me google it for you! Devil's Food verses Chocolate
whoknew? 03/19/2013 10:19 PM
Personally, I think that any difference got lost in history about 50 years ago.
cakedujour 03/19/2013 10:43 PM
This reminds me of something that happened when I was about 12. I was at a cousin's birthday party and we were playing a match game. We were to match her answers I think. What was her favorite cake? I said devil's food, she said chocolate. I maintained my answer was right. My aunt, the judge, ruled no match.

I've since always thought that chocolate is more chocolatey than devils food. But I think who knew? is probably right.
Grammyto5 03/19/2013 10:51 PM
Thanks Mumsie. I really think it's mind over matter!!! This should be an interesting. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the chocolate. Color wise, it looks "blah". I guess I like my chocolate cake to look chocolate. I'll let you know what I think about the taste and texture, since I will be at this party. on Sunday and get to taste my own cake.
ginnyl 03/20/2013 2:45 PM
I personally prefer the dark chocolate cake over the devil's food..which is much softer in texture and not as sturdy..but I do use devil's food mix to increase the weight in the new smaller size mixes. I add 2/3 cup of devil's food mix to my dark chocolate WASC recipe.
ginny