skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Torted with Agbay, 8 layer 10 in. round Lemon cake, lemon, raspberry fillings
Created On Sunday October 07, 2012 10:30 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

whoknew?
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 10:30 PM

This is a follow-up on my Agbay and what it can do. I've been longing to make an 8 layer cake for 2 years, 7 months, and 23 days. (From the time I walked into my first Wilton Basic course.) Well I finally made it!

This was a gift of love for my dearest and best friend of 35 years who just retired. She had a big whiz-bang party at a wonderful BBQ place.

It is a lemon cake, torted into eight 1/2" layers, with lemon sleeve filling, raspberry sleeve filling, lemon mousse filling, and raspberry mousse filling. The Pastry Pride also had lots of grated lemon zest in the filling and final frosting. It tasted wonderful!

It wasn't too hard to assemble. One of my Agbay torted layers did go wonky as you can see in the Prep Photo. I will obviously have to practice a little more, but this isn't too shabby for my second Agbay cake! It would have been impossible without the Agbay.

My original intention was to have an Ombre look with yellow, but Pastry Pride isn't a good medium for strong colors (I knew that!) AND yellow isn't a good choice for ombre (I knew that too!). Ah well.... it still looked ok. I used my Gelatin Flowers for the topper and everyone was fascinated.

Here's a bunch of pics to show the prep and finished slices. It had 8 layers of cake and 6 layers of filling. YIPPEE!!!!

rsz 8 layer lemon, rasp. cake, cut cake.jpg rsz 8 layer lemon, rasp. cake, cut cake.jpg  (132 KB)
rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_cut_slice_.jpg rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_cut_slice_.jpg  (145 KB)
rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_Finished Cake.jpg rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_Finished Cake.jpg  (105 KB)
rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_prep.jpg rsz_8_layer_lemon_rasp_cake_prep.jpg  (117 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

mommy1
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:06 AM

Looks great!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:26 AM

ummm....yes..I'll have a slice of that for breakfast!! Looks yummy!!

I'd love to tort my cakes like that but I'll have to save my pennies for awhile yet!

Report Violation

Bottom

krzykakes
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:28 AM
View users profile

OMG that looks so moist and tasty I want a slice please and thanks lol

Report Violation

Bottom

scubabaker
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:41 AM
View users profile

You did a beautiful job on this cake! I also like the humerous reporting of your process. "...2 years, 7 months, and 23 days..." Had to laugh!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:52 AM
View users profile

Holy cow. Did you save a slice for me? My gosh, that looks gooood! Your gelatin flowers look fabulous too. I can't even see any wires in them. Or do you have a technique that doesn't require wires?

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 8:34 AM

whoknew? - Your cake looks soooooooooooo yummy. Those flowers are impressive

Report Violation

Bottom

kimodell
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 10:17 AM

I just invested in a Agbay too, love the heck out of it and today I am getting the electric turntable. Just 2 things I think that will make life easier! Great cake and I can't wait for an occasion to torte a cake too.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: