skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cake Decorating Magazine
Created On Saturday October 06, 2012 7:32 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

HebberD
Posted: Saturday October 06, 2012 7:32 PM

Every year at my birthday my mom buys me a subscription to a magazine of my choice. I would like to start getting one that deals with cake decorating. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hebber D

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 12:04 AM

I'm not aware of any cake decorating magazines in the U.S. I have some older Wilton books showing old style piping techniques, which is what I was interested in. Alot of people here seem to like and have subscribed to MyCakeSchool.com which offers a one year membership for $30. I believe they have many online tutorials. You can go to their website and check them out, but in order to view them all you need to subscribe. Maybe your Mom could get you that.

Happy Birthday by the way!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 9:45 AM
View users profile

American Cake Decorating Magazine is a good one. Cake Central has an online magazine, I think. (It started as a regular magazine but productions problems of mammoth proportions resulted in it being online only.) MyCakeSchool.com is a good value, but it too is online. I signed up not long ago and I like it fine. Skills taught there run from beginner to advanced.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 6:44 PM

The only two publications that I know of in an actual magazine are:

American Cake Decorating
and
Mailbox News

Report Violation

Bottom

char-lee
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 9:57 PM
View users profile

American cake decorating has a lot of really nice pictures and does have a bi-monthly tutorial or two but that $30. is better spent on MyCakeSchool.com! Melissa Diamond ROCKS!

Report Violation

Bottom

Sugar Pie
Posted: Tuesday October 09, 2012 10:48 AM

I would suggest the magazines that are published in the UK. I realize that they are quite expensive, but they seem to include more tutorials as opposed to pictures only. I usually purchase mine from Barnes & Noble, but they are available to purchase as a subscription. It's not an every month thing for me to buy these magazines, but I simply love thumbing through them.

Here's a sample of the purchasing price from the summer of 2012:

1.)Party Cakes - $12.99 (I think this one is kind of new. It was issue #12. This one seems to have the most tutorials.)

2.)Cake - $9.99

3.)Cakes & Sugarcraft - $12.99

4.)Wedding Cakes - $13.75 (This is basically pictures only, but they're gorgeous and are wonderful for inspiration.)

www.squires-shop.com (Check here for subscription information.)

Report Violation

Bottom

LBGunnin
Posted: Tuesday October 09, 2012 10:52 AM

I don't believe Mailbox News is produced anymore.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: