skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Got to meet another Wilton forum member in person!
Created On Monday October 01, 2012 7:09 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

whoknew?
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 7:09 PM

Hello gang o' mine. I attended the California Cake Club/ICES/California Cookie Club weekend meeting at Susan Carberry's shop, The Cake Cottage. The meeting went from noon Saturday to about 2 pm Sunday, Sep 29-30. It was so much fun! A lot of my Club members were there, and a lot of people from other areas in California. We had demos and raffles and lots of laughter and sharing.

One woman came up and asked if I was "whoknew?" from the Wilton forum. Whoa! I have street cred! Who knew? (heh heh heh.....couldn't resist the pun.....)

anett (her Wilton name), said she doesn't post much, but "knows" everyone here. She is a lovely lady from another area in California and we had a great time together at the demos and the banquet.
She won several of the raffle prizes and when I whined, she gave me one of her prizes!! Whoo Hoo! I got a Wilton flower fondant press, an adorable covered mug in a cupcake design, a photo album for my cake pics, and some hidden pillars and roman pillars.

I LOVE the Wilton forum. I hope to meet all of you in person some day. It was so much fun meeting Anett.

Report Violation

Bottom

Aunt Tilly
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 7:37 PM

I remember wanting sooooooooooo badly to attend one of Susan's classes but she's fairly far away from me. I'm up by Disneyland and she's about 90 miles south maybe a bit less but still not just around the corner. Still.........one of these days I just may drag myself up in the dark hours of morning to make the drive down there. Are you in CA, whoknew??

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 8:32 PM
View users profile

One of these days, Christina! One of these days!

Report Violation

Bottom

furball
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 9:12 PM
View users profile

Whoknew, I would love to meet you someday! I love seeing pics of the friend fest. It's nice to put a face with a name.

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 11:38 PM

Yes, in SoCal, the home of the soon-to-be-implemented-in-2013 Cottage Food Law.

Report Violation

Bottom

newbakermom
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 12:11 AM

I hope that one of these days I will get to meet you all in person, too!

Report Violation

Bottom

krzykakes
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 7:55 AM
View users profile

We all gonna meet up one day...Imma get me some vacation time and just travel

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 11:03 AM
View users profile

Think Caking Friend Fest 2013 everybody!!!!!! As soon as we know dates we will let you all know! Start saving NOW!!!
Collector EJ saves her $5 bills. I just started that too and it is adding up pretty fast. I've also thrown all my spare change into a jar to save for it. And I've set aside money earned from caking to pay for it too. In 8 months time you can set aside some money to have a great time!

Report Violation

Bottom

creative_rb
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 6:09 PM

If I can have input for Friend Fest, I vote to not have it the first weekend in June (and preferably not the second either) as I already know I'm not available. (My cousin's wedding and cake)

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 6:31 PM

Yay you!! Your name is definitely known!!

I had such a good time visiting with berry good and houmoore at the Winnie TX day of Sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in April 2013! and anyone else who wants to join us!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 7:14 PM

Southern California is blessed to have so many Cake Clubs, cake events, and fabulously talented teachers. So many people, like my new friend, Anett, live far away from specialty cake stores or classes. When I stumbled into this fascinating hobby, I began to realize how very, very lucky I was in my geography. (I've always known that San Diego is "heaven", but now I'm sure!)

I am busy paying down my credit cards and paying into my savings so I can go to Friend Fest 2013!!! There are a lot of big, giant hugs that need to be passed out to lots and lots of friends I've never met.

Hey, Sweetgrandma, I have friends and family in Houston. When is the Day of Sharing?

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 7:48 PM
View users profile

creative_rb, chances are that CFF will be held the opening weekend of the tent sale, whenever that is. When we get the tent sale dates we will let everyone know so you can make plans.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 8:24 PM

It's so good to meet each other and share in some cake fun! I can hardly wait to meet you next summer Christina!

Report Violation

Bottom

ginnyl
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 9:42 PM
View users profile

I am proud to say I was able to spend a day with Whoknew...she stopped by here in Florida after her trip Puerto Rico..
I am so looking forward to seeing her at CFF 2013..Saving for it now..
ginny

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 10:45 PM

You too, Ginny! <<< HUGS >>>

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Wednesday October 03, 2012 6:27 AM

Whoknew!! you live in San Diego?? I'll be there in December....are there any cake shows scheduled for the first of December?
The Annual Day of Sharing is held in April but I don't know the date yet. I'll let you know as soon as I find out..it's not far from Houston...in fact houmoore drives over from there. It's about 25 or 30 minutes away..same as from where I live but in the opposite direction. I'd love to have you join us!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday October 03, 2012 10:23 AM

Sweet Grandma~~I'll send you a pm.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Wednesday October 03, 2012 9:23 PM

Well I have to say that meeting cake buddies is just the "ultimate BEST!!!!"

People who share in my passion for cakes, cookies, decorating, and EATING......it doesn't get any better than that!

Report Violation

Bottom

newbakermom
Posted: Thursday October 04, 2012 10:57 AM

I would LOVE to go to the Friend Fest!

Is it like a one day thing or throughout how much days is this planned? Does it usually fall on a weekend or during the week? I'm just asking because I have two children and I know it would make it difficult for me to go if it was during the week especially because one of them goes to school and she is still small to take care of herself. :(

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday October 04, 2012 2:30 PM
View users profile

This year CFF began in earnest on Thursday and ended on Saturday, but a few people came in on Wednesday. Where do you live? If it is nearby maybe you could come for a day or join us for dinner.

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: