skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Adding pudding mix with the new size cake mixes
Created On Monday May 21, 2012 7:12 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mimisbakery
Posted: Monday May 21, 2012 7:12 AM

Last week I baked a 12" chocolate cake twice. The first time I used the new 16 oz. box mixes and added the pudding as usual and baked. After I took them out of the stove, they sunk in the middle. I figured it was because I added the pudding and I used the DH chocolate fudge mix with butter instead of oil. It was done just think it was too heavy. I baked again and left out the pudding and they did fine but I prefer adding the pudding since it does make the cakes a little bit easier to handle when stacking the layers, also the taste. After saying all of that, have you all adjusted your pudding mixes to the new size cake mixes by leaving out some of the pudding mix? Hope this makes sense.

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Monday May 21, 2012 9:00 AM
View users profile

I add pudding to most of my mixes. I think it may have just been a faulty bake. No offense to you but it happens sometimes.

I would try it again. I have had no problems, even with the smaller mix size.

Good luck!

Ladycat!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakes06
Posted: Monday May 21, 2012 9:54 AM
View users profile

I just use Pillsbury cake mixes that already have pudding in the mixes. (18.25oz)

Report Violation

Bottom

mimisbakery
Posted: Monday May 21, 2012 10:45 AM

I just baked a 9 x 13 sheet cake and one mix was the old size and one was the new size so on the pudding mix, I just didn't add the whole box to the second one and it turned out great. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not but it worked. Yeah Ladycat, I know we can have those kind of days . I just froze both layers and yesterday I took one and make a chocolate trifle out of it for a social at church and none was left. I don't like to throw them away. I feel like that is just a waste. Cakes06, I may just have to try Pillsbury. I have used them some but mostly, I buy DH. Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. I appreciate that.

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Sunday May 27, 2012 12:34 AM
View users profile

I find that when I add pudding AND change up from the oil to butter, it sinks.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: