skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Super Mario Cake pan instructions
Created On Wednesday October 19, 2011 10:45 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

kikim
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 10:45 AM

I purchased a Mario cake pan (1989) on ebay and I am looking for the decorating instruction sheet. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. Need to make cake by end of October. Thanks in advance

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 12:22 PM

Welcome to the Forum! One of our wonderful forum members, mmumsie, has an online store and offers free instructions for many, many pans. Here's the link to the instructions for this pan:

https://www.slice-heaven.com/system/0000/3271/pdf_SuperMarioBros_2105-2989combo.pdf

Even though the instructions are old and somewhat difficult to read, you'll get most of it. If you have specific problems, post back on this thread.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 1:19 PM

Yes, I've added some yellow comment boxes to help with the hard to read spots.

Report Violation

Bottom

kikim
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 3:26 PM

Thank y'all very much!! I was going to try and just wing it from a picture, but it always helps to have the tip numbers and quantity of colored icing!
Thanks again for your quick reply!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 5:08 PM

You're welcome from both of us. Be sure and post a photo of your finished cake in the Life Celebrations forum!

Report Violation

Bottom

RunningPeripheral
Posted: Saturday March 02, 2013 10:21 AM

Baking and Decorating Directions for Super Mario Bros cake pan:

Uses one 2-layer cake mix.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or temperature per recipe directions. Prepare your pan using traditional non-sticking cake pan methods. I used Wilton's "Bake Easy" spray. Prepare your cake mix according to recipe directions. Bake cake on middle of rack for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.

Remove cake from oven and cook on cake rack for 10 minutes. So cake sits level and to prevent cracking, while still in the pan, carefully slice off raised center portion. To unmold from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.

To transfer cake to serving plate, hold a prepared cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and boards close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.

Use Wilton's Buttercream Icing recipe which is online or buy prepared.

You will need:

-Decorating bags and coupler or parchment triangles.
-Decorating tips 3, 16 and 21.
-Wilton Icing Colors in Brown, Sky Blue, Golden Yellow and Red.

Make 4 cups of buttercream icing.

-Tint 1/4C flesh (add a very small amount of brown until desired color is reached)

-Tint 1/2C red.
-Tint 2T yellow.
-Tint 1/4C blue.
-Tint 1/2C minus 2T brown. (or, make chocolate buttercream frosting, which is what I did and it tastes better)

-Reserve 2.5C of white icing (thin 1.5C with 2T of light corn syrup)

Decorate in numerical order:

1. Sides and background area on top iced smooth with thinned white icing. Ice sole of shoe brown (score with spatula to resemble edge of heel).

2. Outline hat, facial features, hands, outfit and shoes with Tip 3 into brown strings.

3. Pipe in eyes with Tip 3 and white icing.

4. Add Tip 3 blue dot irises, brown dot pupils and white dot highlights to eyes.

5. With red and white icing and Tip 3, pipe in tongue, emblem on cap and teeth.

6. Print Tip 3 brown birthday message on "cloud" and red "M" on cap. (you can actually wait to do the former part of this step until finished decorating)

7. Cover cap (red), face (flesh), hands (white), shirt (blue), pants (red) and shoes (brown) with Tip 16 stars.

8. Pipe Tip 3 yellow dot buttons.

9. Add Tip 16 brown stripes hair and mustache (I used Tip 21...you're preference).

10. Pipe Tip 16 shell-motion eyebrows.

11. Edge base with Tip 21 white shells.?

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: