Topic Title: Super Mario Cake pan instructions Created On Wednesday October 19, 2011 10:45 AM
Posted: Wednesday October 19, 2011 10:45 AM
I purchased a Mario cake pan (1989) on ebay and I am looking for the decorating instruction sheet. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. Need to make cake by end of October. Thanks in advance
Baking and Decorating Directions for Super Mario Bros cake pan:
Uses one 2-layer cake mix.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or temperature per recipe directions. Prepare your pan using traditional non-sticking cake pan methods. I used Wilton's "Bake Easy" spray. Prepare your cake mix according to recipe directions. Bake cake on middle of rack for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cook on cake rack for 10 minutes. So cake sits level and to prevent cracking, while still in the pan, carefully slice off raised center portion. To unmold from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.
To transfer cake to serving plate, hold a prepared cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and boards close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.
Use Wilton's Buttercream Icing recipe which is online or buy prepared.
You will need:
-Decorating bags and coupler or parchment triangles.
-Decorating tips 3, 16 and 21.
-Wilton Icing Colors in Brown, Sky Blue, Golden Yellow and Red.
Make 4 cups of buttercream icing.
-Tint 1/4C flesh (add a very small amount of brown until desired color is reached)
-Tint 1/2C red.
-Tint 2T yellow.
-Tint 1/4C blue.
-Tint 1/2C minus 2T brown. (or, make chocolate buttercream frosting, which is what I did and it tastes better)
-Reserve 2.5C of white icing (thin 1.5C with 2T of light corn syrup)
Decorate in numerical order:
1. Sides and background area on top iced smooth with thinned white icing. Ice sole of shoe brown (score with spatula to resemble edge of heel).
2. Outline hat, facial features, hands, outfit and shoes with Tip 3 into brown strings.
3. Pipe in eyes with Tip 3 and white icing.
4. Add Tip 3 blue dot irises, brown dot pupils and white dot highlights to eyes.
5. With red and white icing and Tip 3, pipe in tongue, emblem on cap and teeth.
6. Print Tip 3 brown birthday message on "cloud" and red "M" on cap. (you can actually wait to do the former part of this step until finished decorating)
7. Cover cap (red), face (flesh), hands (white), shirt (blue), pants (red) and shoes (brown) with Tip 16 stars.
8. Pipe Tip 3 yellow dot buttons.
9. Add Tip 16 brown stripes hair and mustache (I used Tip 21...you're preference).