skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Help with an 8x3 baking pan
Created On Thursday October 06, 2011 9:52 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

l52beckster
Posted: Thursday October 06, 2011 9:52 PM

Since my first Wilton course I have been making my cakes in an 8x3 round pan. However I can never figure out how long the cake should cook. One cooked for 45 mins and one had to cook for almost 90 mins. I wondered if I'm illing the pan to much (usually around 1/2 to 3/4 way full). If anyone has some suggestions or tips I would really appreciate it :-) Thanks in advance!!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakes06
Posted: Saturday October 08, 2011 10:29 AM
View users profile

I've never used 3" pans, but use 2". The 3" would be harder to get done in the middle. I bake mine at 325 instead of 350 and have never used a heat core or strips, but others swear by them. Also, have you checked your oven temp to make sure it's right? I would guess that an 8" pan that's 3" high would take approx. 50min give or take in my oven.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakecrazy25
Posted: Saturday October 08, 2011 12:40 PM

I use the 8x3" pan all the time. I use the bake even strips and an upside down metal flower nail (greased and floured, sprayed with no-stick spray or whatever you greased the pan with). I fill it with apprx. 5 1/2 - 6 cups of batter (one cake mix, doctored).

I find that most cakes take anywhere from 60 - 75 minutes, depending on the flavour.

HTH!

cc25

Report Violation

Bottom

cakecrazy25
Posted: Saturday October 08, 2011 12:40 PM

Oh, and I bake at 325 also.

Report Violation

Bottom

l52beckster
Posted: Wednesday October 12, 2011 10:43 PM

Thanks guys!!! I apologize for the late delay, didn't get any posts that people had responded :-( Sounds like I'm doing things right for the most part (baking at 325, using bake even strips), I just have to pay closer attention to how much cake batter goes in I think. Thanks!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: