skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Silicone Baking Cups - do you use them? How do they work..?
Created On Wednesday September 28, 2011 10:40 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MissyLayton0608
Posted: Wednesday September 28, 2011 10:40 PM

I've never used silicone baking cups before but was just given a bunch as a gift and I'm curious about them. Most of the time when I bake it is for a customer (for a party, holiday, whatever), and I guess this is kind of a dumb question, but - what do you do with the silicone cups when you use them? Do you have to take the cupcake out of the silicone cup and give it to the customer without a wrapper? Or, are you just supposed to use silicone cups like normal baking cups and unfold them from the cupcake as you eat them? (In which case I guess I can't use them for customer orders, right?) Sorry this is kind of a silly question, I'm just a little clueless. Thanks!

Report Violation

Bottom

Carly2526
Posted: Thursday September 29, 2011 7:58 AM

I have used the silicone baking cups I sprayed them with nonstick spray and they came out great no sticking at all. If you leave them in the silicone cups you most likely want get them back. I put my cupcakes on a tray without the cups.

Report Violation

Bottom

tildastreasures
Posted: Thursday September 29, 2011 8:33 AM

i LOVE mine!!!! spray with cooking spray and bake! i need to get some more of them actually.

Report Violation

Bottom

MissyLayton0608
Posted: Thursday September 29, 2011 11:51 AM

Do customers mind getting cupcakes without baking cups, though? It seems like that would be messy.. Or do you just use them when you are baking for yourself (or family/friends)?

Report Violation

Bottom

trybaking06
Posted: Thursday September 29, 2011 12:17 PM

I have never used them. You could try putting cupcake liners in them, but what would be the point of using silicone then. I bought some mini heart cake silicone pans, haven't used them yet.

Report Violation

Bottom

Mbranko24
Posted: Thursday September 29, 2011 2:06 PM

I am interested in these as well. I know a lit of the times baking in a pretty designed baking cup, the liner absorbs the grease from baking and you can't see the design anymore (I know you can buy the grease-proof ones but when I have a coupon for Michalels/AC Moore and don't want to pay shipping I like to get the ones they offer). Can you bake the cupcake in the silicone mold and after poppong it out, just place it then in the pretty, designed paper wrapper?

Report Violation

Bottom

MisskackyW
Posted: Saturday November 02, 2013 8:11 AM

I don't know if anyone is still reading these, but you may have discovered by now that the cake turns out a little bit firmer when you use these cups. You should be able to pop a cupcake out of the silicone cup and then you can place it into a decorative paper cupcake cup if you want. It will look nice because it'll be clean with no batter blobs on the edges.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Saturday November 02, 2013 9:59 AM
View users profile

Good information, MisskackyW. Welcome to the forum. I bought a set of cupcake ones that I use when melting isomalt.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: