skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: 2-layer cake mix?
Created On Friday July 29, 2011 8:31 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

cbaker
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 8:31 AM

I have a the tractor pan and it is saying to use a 2-layer cake mix. I have Pillsbury boxed cake mix and I'm not sure if the 2-Layer cake mix means I need two boxed cake mixes or just one? I did see the cake section here in Wilton had a listing of how much batter to put in pan and I see it says to fill it 2/3 full but I'm still wondering if it's one box or two boxes of cake mix. Help!!?

Report Violation

Bottom

luvbakin
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 8:48 AM
View users profile

Welcome to the forum cbaker

Usually a 2-layer cake (original size) is one box. You can always make two boxes to be sure it will fill 2/3's full and use the rest of the batter for cupcakes!

Hope this helps

Report Violation

Bottom

cq75
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 8:50 AM

Most of the character pans (including the tractor) takes one box of cake mix.

My one bit of advice is to make sure your pan is greased/floured really good, so the cake doesn't stick in all the detail nooks and crannies. Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

cbaker
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 8:56 AM

Yes, this definitely helps! Thanks so much for clearing my mind that 1 box is equal to a 2-Layer Cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

cbaker
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 8:58 AM

Wonderful! 1 box it is then, thank you for the clarification! Yes, I'll be sure to grease and flour the pan good as the last one (different shape pan) did stick in places. Thanks for the advice.

Report Violation

Bottom

trecur
Posted: Friday July 29, 2011 5:19 PM
View users profile

Just to be on the safe side and sure there's enough cake to fill the pan. I would add an extender. I would fill the pan 2/3 full and make cupcakes with the rest like luvbakin. I always want to be sure there's enough to do the job (or fill the pan) HTH

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: