- Mini banana bread $ 1.75
- Loaf of banana bread $ 4.50
- Chocolate dipped pretzel rods drizzled with pink chocolate and/or sprinkles $ 0.50
- Chocolate dipped rice krispy treats drizzled with pink chocolate and/or sprinkles $ 1.00
- Vanillla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream topped with sprinkles (might do pink fondant ribbon) $ 1.00
- Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream topped with sprinkles $ 1.00
- Medium sized chocolate chip cookies $ 0.50
- 6 peanut butter cookies wrapped for $ 1.50
I also might do a few 8" cakes for around $8.00
mini loaf: $3.00
chocolate chip cookies: $1.00
Make sure you cover your cost first. This is what i figure would work in my area, i live in northern illinois
You need to charge what your market will bear. You are right, you can always lower the price.
How about making a "fancy cake" that they can buy a raffle to? I bet it will sell more raffles than you would have sold the cake for!
Just my thought.
Where I live cakes at bake sales don't go for much. I learned real quick not to put too much time and energy in the cakes I donate. When I saw a fancy cake that I'd worked hours and hours on sell for $5.00 I decided I wouldn't waste my time doing that again. I still donate cakes but they're quick mixes with a pretty border and a few bc roses on top.
Good luck with your sale!
Get Inspiration and Great Deals
Yes, I want to receive new decorating ideas and exclusive offers from Wilton. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more