skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Help! Where's the cap to my sparkle gel?
furball 11/27/2010 8:41 PM
Well, the cap is missing from my sparkle gel. It's probably been off for months. I used it last sept. Is it still good? I squeezed some out & it seemed fine. I need to use it on Friday. Should I use it or buy another tube? I replaced the cap with a tube I haven't opened yet. How long does this stuff last anyway. There is no expiration date. Please help!
mmumsie 11/27/2010 10:56 PM
If you were able to squeeze it out it should be fine. My concern would have been if it had dried up. You can always purchase a replacement tube and use that cap on the open tube. Just hang on to it when you're ready to open the new tube! LOL! Good luck!
furball 11/28/2010 1:18 PM
Thanks mmumsie for the quick response! I'm gonna do exactly what you said! Sometimes I wonder what else could be lost in my pantry. Ha Ha!
sweetgrandma 11/28/2010 4:05 PM
My first thought was that it got mixed in the frosting!!!! LOL
I use a needle to punch a hole in the bottom of my cupcakes for my cupcake bouquets and one day I couldn't find the needle. I nearly panicked until I found it on the floor. Whew!!!!
furball 11/28/2010 8:04 PM
Sweetgrandma, you know what I did one time. I have some cutters from sears that I use to cut my dowel rods with. A piece of the wood went flying into my bowl of icing. I had already iced the cake, but I threw out the bowl of icing for fear I missed a piece of wood. My cutters are really good & I get a really a smooth cut so now I moved to the other side of the kitchen.