skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How to Wrap Individual Cupcakes for Bake Sale
Created On Friday October 22, 2010 3:32 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mof2
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 3:32 PM

Does anyone have any ideas how to best wrap individual cupcakes for a bake sale that won't mess up the icing on top? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Report Violation

Bottom

dottiepark
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 5:42 PM
View users profile

If you get the tall squared-off treat bags, you can put a square of cardboard or card stock at the bottom of it to keep the shape, and you can sit the cupcake on that square. You could even "glue" the liner to the card with icing, perhaps.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 6:46 AM

You can also order small boxes...I don't know if the expense would be worth it for you....but they really look nice in the boxes.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 6:48 AM

I have seen them in clear boxes too. They kind of look like a Chinese take-out boxes only clear. Like SG said, I don't know if the expense of them would make a profit in the end or not????

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 9:09 AM

that's the ones I'm talking about bunny.....a store here sold the large cupcakes in them and they were a big hit, especially when they were decorated with the different school colors.

Report Violation

Bottom

mof2
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 9:09 AM

Thanks for the good ideas. I think I will try the cardstock in the bottom of one of those clear treat bags.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 9:53 AM

If you are using the clear bags, try to find the ones that are gusseted. They will sit better.

Report Violation

Bottom

MaBakes
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 11:29 AM
View users profile

I have seen the clear boxes that Bunnywoman mentioned at the dollarama store. I picked up some in a winter theme. The cost was 3 for a dollar.They also had them decorated for other holidays. I am in Canada so I don't know about the U.S. Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

Kimmie R
Posted: Monday November 01, 2010 2:42 PM

I have sold cupcakes and several bake sales and have placed the cupcakes, without wrapper, into a small clear plastic punch glass, then I decorate them in the cup and then either wrap them with clear wrap or placed them in a goody bag. Sorry i can not attach a photo now, but will when I get to my other computer tonight. I get the cups at the party supply store or hobby lobby. Using this method, your frosting does not get smashed!

Report Violation

Bottom

N8sMom96
Posted: Monday November 01, 2010 3:52 PM

Here are some ideas (that have been mentioned above as well)

clear cupcake boxes

white cupcake boxes

Another thing you can do is freeze the cupcake after you decorate it. Just enough to get it hard then slip the cupcake in the cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon. It should be thawed in time for the bake sale and no icing sticking to the bag.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakecrazy25
Posted: Monday November 01, 2010 4:31 PM

Here are some wilton boxes

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=4F0AC96E-423B-522D-F1D12A9003039C1C&fid=F6C16C2B-1E0B-C910-EA510C891C4B312F

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=93495897-423B-522D-FD530C1183852544&fid=F6C16C0C-1E0B-C910-EA9A833131266789

They are probably quite pricey though...

HTH,
cc25

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: