skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: can brownie mix and cake mix be combined?
Created On Friday October 22, 2010 12:57 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

char-lee
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 12:57 PM
View users profile

I can't answer this question. It has never entered my mind to do so but it is intriguing. She has one of each...chocolate cake mix and brownie mix. Has anyone out there done this and what was the result?
Thx

Report Violation

Bottom

buffycakes
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 1:15 PM

I have done it before and I can remember my mom doing it all the time when I was younger. It makes a fudgy type cake and I think it's really yummy

Report Violation

Bottom

YOFJAB
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 10:17 PM

DO you combine an entire box of each --- and ALL the combined ingredients of both boxes? What pan size would you use and temp?

Report Violation

Bottom

buffycakes
Posted: Friday October 22, 2010 10:40 PM

I remember my mom making both packages according to their own directions and then mix them together. I remember her using a big pan I think a it was either an 11x13 or 12x18.
This has got me wanting to experiment because I was a teenager when made it too and can't remember exactly how I did it. I'm also going to ask her the next talk we talk. I'm going to play around and see how this turns out and what I like best because I do remember her doing this and my family loving them.
She loves to experiment with stuff like that. She would always throw Nuts, Candy Bar Chunks, Reese's Cups, or whatever she could think of into her brownie or cake mixes Talking about all this makes me miss living near her. Thanks for bringing up a wonderful memory for me Char-lee;)

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 1:35 PM

The barrel cake I just posted was Marie J's chocolate cake recipe.....to which I added about a third package of brownie mix ...along with an extra egg, etc... I did it as an experiment and the cake was delicious but didn't taste fudgy like brownies. Maybe if I'd added the whole package it would have been more "brownie" tasting.
I'd say do it and see! Then let us know how it came out!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: