skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Coloring candy melts with wilton icing color
Created On Wednesday July 21, 2010 8:53 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

techbc
Posted: Wednesday July 21, 2010 8:53 AM

Does anyone know if you can color the white choc candy melts with wilton icing color. I know they have color for them but has anyone tryed the icing colors. I am going to put it in my Hanna Montana pan to get the name then pop it out and put on a different cake. Any ideas. Thank you

Report Violation

Bottom

greyldfocks63
Posted: Wednesday July 21, 2010 9:09 AM

My SIL tried that and had a mess. The gels didn't mix well with the oils in the candy, I was supposed to be blue and she ended up with gray with beads of blue floating in it. I would stick with the colors that are made for the chocolates. I get mine at HOBBY LOBBY where I buy my wilton products.

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Wednesday July 21, 2010 9:19 AM

DON'T DO IT !!

Although the gels are thick, they do have some water in them (albeit a very small amount!!), gelatin, and other stuff !! so are not good !! Wilton makes some candy colorings that are oil based, if you're able to get them, I would definately use them !!

What I do is mix different colros fo the candy together as well, to come up with a color that I want !!

Report Violation

Bottom

techbc
Posted: Wednesday July 21, 2010 9:53 AM

Thanks for all the advise this is why I love the site. Normally I would just try it and regret the choice to try it.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakelady56
Posted: Wednesday July 21, 2010 10:13 AM

I have been doing candy for over 34 years and have always used the Wilton gel colors for icing. With that being said I do not use dark colors as they harden the melts and do not come out well at all. If it is a light color I need to make I have had no trouble, there is a first time for everything though!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: