skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: chain link fence
debbie911 06/22/2010 2:10 PM
My son wants a birthday cake to look like the MMA - UFC (mixed martial arts - Ultimate Fighting )ring. Not sure how to make the fence that goes around the ring. Any suggestions.
Chasey 06/22/2010 2:15 PM
I would attempt to make royal icing panels. It's an octagon, right? I would make double that amount in criss crossed lines with a rectangle frame. I would go over the lines multiple times after air drying each time. Use RI to attach them to each other, perhaps a dab at the top and bottom of the adjoining sides would do it, once it's sitting on top of the cake.
Chasey 06/22/2010 2:16 PM
That last part didn't sound clear to me....I would hold one panel on a time on top of the cake and start to build the ring, each time securing the next panel with the RI dab.
debbie911 06/24/2010 12:13 PM
thanks, I have used royal icing before to make a tiara for a princess cake.....same kind of thing - went over it several times to get the shape. Going to try it and hope for the best.
Chasey 06/24/2010 12:50 PM
Funny, I was thinking of using a princess tiara as an example! You should be able to do that easily since you've created something similar.