skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Whipped cream filled chocolate easter egg recipe
ConnieT 04/04/2010 2:10 PM
I know this is not a cake question but hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I always use to buy Chocolate whipped cream filled Easter eggs from quality candy but alas no quality candy where I live. Anyway I figure there has to be a recipe out there somewhere for a Chocolate covered whipped cream Easter egg. The whipped cream filling is somewhat similar to marshmallow fluff and I know I would have to get an egg mold as I'm sure I would have to put the chocolate into the mold fill it with the whipped cream filling and then close it up with chocolate. I have made choc covered cherries in the past so know how to do this. I just don't know what I would make to put into the eggs middle. Any one have any good suggestions or recipes if you have one.
Thanks and by the way Happy Easter
spymac 04/04/2010 11:12 PM
Hm, I'm not sure I've had the pleasure of enjoying one of those eggs. Here is a recipe for different flavors of whipped cream though. I hope they help. http://www.joyofbaking.com/WhippedCreamFrosting.html
The store bought ones probably have preservatives. You may want to make yours right before serving, because whipped cream doesn't always keep its thickness. Happy Easter to you ConnieT
ConnieT 04/05/2010 1:25 PM
Thanks for answering my question. Calling the chocolate egg a whipped cream filled egg is sort of misleading leading. Its not actually filled with whipped cream it is more like a whipped marshmallow fluff type of filling. I did find a recipe on sugarcraft.com for a marshmallow cream which I think I will try it calls for invert sugar which it looks like you can make this yourself I got a recipe its like making sugar into a syrup like corn syrup. Anyway one of these days I'm going to give it a try I have to find a mold first. My class for course 2 starts tomorrow at Hobby Lobby so I'm going to check out the candy molds. I have to find a sucker mold to make a sucker like the old slo poke suckers for my up coming candy land cake. I could not find rock candy so I have decided to make a sheet of hard candy and break it up with a hammer. Anyway getting off the subject sorry. If anyone else has any suggestions on the filling I still would appreciate them.
chimp8 04/21/2011 11:39 AM
Unfortunately it is too late in the season to get them by easter, but you might still be able to get them shipped to you and get them after easter. You can call the phone number at 414-483-4500 and order them. They are super yummy!!! Good luck .
ConnieT 04/21/2011 1:43 PM
Thanks I just might have to try those eggs.