skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Zebra print...help
Created On Friday March 19, 2010 12:27 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

pastelitos
Posted: Friday March 19, 2010 12:27 AM

I want to make a fondant cake that has zebra stripes but I have no clue on how to do it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakesbychrystal
Posted: Friday March 19, 2010 12:41 AM
View users profile

The zebra stripes are free formed cut pieces of fondant. I use a pastry cutter (mini pizza wheel) to make my zebra stripes. I roll out my fondant to the desired thickness and just cut. It helps me to look at a picture of a zebra print cake, but once u get going and start putting the stripes on your cake, your eyes will tell you what shape needs to go where and how to cut...hope that makes sense

Oh, if you don't think you can cut free hand, you could also make several stripe templates and use those.

I love zebra print cakes I've done several and it's so fun!

Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

trplaaries
Posted: Friday March 19, 2010 1:55 AM

A zebra print is just a freelance stripe. Don't worry about a perfect line because that'll take away from the naturalness of it..but make sure it ends with a point, like no square ends. I would do as (cakesbychrystal) says and use a template. Just look-up online and trace or print on paper..there u have it. Hope it helps.

Report Violation

Bottom

pastelitos
Posted: Friday March 19, 2010 5:37 PM

Thanks for the help. Once I try it I will post a picture of it.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Friday March 19, 2010 5:53 PM

It's very easy to do ....not too many ways to mess it up. Just lay your fondent out, roll it pretty thin, and cut. They're fun to make and there's so many ways to do them...and they all look good. Do a Search for some zebra striped cakes and see what I mean.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: