skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Help!!My marshmallow fondant is either too dry or too sticky!!
donnahad 01/26/2010 3:17 PM
No matter what I do my homemade marshmallow fondant is too dry or too sticky. If I keep adding powdered sugar the fondant becomes very dry and if I don't it becomes too sticky. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
bunnywoman 01/26/2010 4:19 PM
Rub a little Crisco on your hands. Rub a little Crisco on your work surface & rolling pin.

Knead the MMF on the Crisco'ed work surface. This will help with both of your problems.

Good luck,
BW
alyababe 01/26/2010 4:21 PM
I could be wrong but it sounds to me like you are either adding too much icing sugar or too much water. To make it less sticky add very small amounts of icing sugar in and work it really well. By adding only a tiny bit at a time you will be better able to tell when you have enough. Same with making it less dry by adding water. Only add a very small amount of water at a time...you will be surprised at how very little it can take! Again, work it in really well...I have found with water (even the smallest amounts) that it will immediatly feel way too sticky, but keep working it, it will eventually stop feeling sticky and you'll be able to tell whether it needs more or not. Other people add crisco to keep it from being too dry, but I personally don't.
donnahad 01/27/2010 9:18 AM
Thanks alot!! I believe now that I've read your advice, I'm adding too much water. Thanks again.
alyababe 01/27/2010 9:40 AM
Good luck with your next batch donnahad! Let us know how it turns out!