skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Music Notes out of Royal Icing
morgansmommy 01/24/2010 6:49 PM
If I want to make small little music notes out of royal icing (to save time on decorating on cake) would I just pipe them on wax paper? I just need a second opinion if I'm right by doing this. Thanks ya'll
cakedujour 01/24/2010 7:06 PM
Wax paper will work.

You can also use a chocolate mold for them. slice-heaven sells one. I used it when I made a cake to celebrate my daughter's Masters degree in Music. I'll attach the link to the thread, but you really can't see the notes all that well. Just another idea.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=126658&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
cakes06 01/24/2010 7:22 PM
Seems like to me that it would be more time and trouble to make them ahead of time instead of just piping them right onto the cake. I assume they would be lying flat either on top or on the sides?
bunnywoman 01/24/2010 7:25 PM
Morgansmommy,

I guess that depends. It depends on if you want them vertical on the cake (as in a cake topper) or do you want them attached to the sides of the cake ........OR do you want then laying flat on the surface of the cake??
morgansmommy 01/24/2010 8:14 PM
thanks ya'll--and bunny it's for a Elmo cake so I'm not worried on the direction haha! It's for my daughter, so I can have fun my way!!! Thanks again ya'll!!! Oh I just figured if I do them ahead being I get tense when I make cakes anyways (guess b/c I'm still new) all I will have to worry about the day of decorating the cake is just icing it and putting on my decorations!
morgansmommy 01/24/2010 8:18 PM
thanks cakedujour for the photo post!!! I really appreciate it!
morgansmommy 01/24/2010 8:19 PM
Oh bunny...they will be laying flat down on the cake!