skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Please help...pastry tip question
rbeach 12/10/2009 6:05 PM
I need a 1/2 inch round pastry tip to pipe cream puffs for a croquembouche, but the tips are sold by numbers not sizes.
Can someone please tell me what number the round tip is that would be a 1/2 inch??

MARIE J 12/10/2009 6:53 PM
Sounds like it could have been the bismark tip Take a look here

Tip # 230
rbeach 12/10/2009 8:02 PM
that looks very small...maybe it would work for filling the puffs, but I am looking for a 1/2 inch round tip to pipe the choux paste into the balls to make the puffs themselves...

Do you know the number for this tip???

Sugar Pie 12/10/2009 8:58 PM
Ateco brand #866 French pastry tip is 1/2" in diameter. It's not round like a piping tip; it's more like a star tip with smaller 'teeth.' Hope I've described it right.
mmumsie 12/10/2009 9:44 PM
Wilton's 1A is a big round tip. Do not know what diameter it is, but it should surely work.
MARIE J 12/12/2009 6:56 AM
If all else fails, what about using a bag with just the coupler in it - standard, or large - that should give you the size/shaping that you need ?
bunnywoman 12/12/2009 9:03 AM
Using a tip #12 and more pressure and you will achieve what you set out to do.
rbeach 12/12/2009 9:15 AM
Thank you for your help!!!
Wilton is all out of tip #1A... so I think I will try to find a #2A.
If I can't I will try the coupler idea....

fomrdectr 12/12/2009 1:35 PM
Instead of a pastry tip use a small cookie the ones you use for drop cookie dough.
bunnywoman 12/12/2009 3:50 PM
A cookie scoop????????????????????? Can you explain how that will work?

Maybe I am not understanding here.
vthorse 12/12/2009 5:37 PM
She wants a tip for inserting the cream, correct? And the cookie scoop would be for the puffs themselves? I'm thinking of trying one of these for my holiday dinner. But I may poop out and use storebought cream puffs!
rbeach 12/12/2009 5:42 PM
I need a tip for piping the cream puffs.... I have a tip for filling them.