skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Looking for a cake recipe that won't fall apart
mnmcakes 10/25/2009 9:13 PM
I am looking for a cake that is easy to work with, that won't fall apart like store bought cake mix ones do.

What does everyone else use?

Do you have any recipes?
Jeanne G 10/25/2009 9:55 PM
I've been using cake mixes for five decades. I've been decorating those cakes for about a decade. I've had my share of mishaps along the way (some my fault and some those doggone kitchen gremlins ) but I don't think I can say that cake mix cakes fall apart.

I like cake mixes.

I have shared several recipes that start out with cake mixes, in the Recipes forum.

If you are having trouble with cakes falling apart, perhaps we can help you. It might not be the recipe. Can you give us more details about what you mean? For example, does the problem occur while you are taking the cake out of the pan? After it is cooled? Give us more details about what you do, what the problem is like, and when it happens. We want to help!
Recoil 10/25/2009 11:46 PM
I use my Wilton Magic Wand on all my cake recipe's. It works similar to a cake extender, but not...

Sorry, I couldn't resist
myersark 10/26/2009 8:41 AM
Ok, Recoil. I just have to have a Wilton Magic Wand, but can't seem to find one for sale anywhere, even on eBay. How much do you want for yours????

;p
allardja 10/26/2009 10:26 AM
mnmcakes - I have to agree with the others, I generally don't have issues either. However, I just started adding pudding and an extra egg to cake mixes and they really do make them taste better! They also become a bit more dense, so it might help you. Good luck!
lisa226 10/26/2009 10:56 AM
For a white cake, I use a recipe from williams-sonoma's website which people love. For chocolate, I use the Moist and Delicious Chocolate cake recipe from www.verybestbaking.com. I used that recipe for a wedding cake. It was a hit!