skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pasta machine
Created On Wednesday September 30, 2009 2:18 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

luzmariasida
Posted: Wednesday September 30, 2009 2:18 PM

does anybody have a pasta machine to use for fondant and which one is good?

Report Violation

Bottom

hpjmom
Posted: Wednesday September 30, 2009 2:53 PM

Sorry if this is a double post. Something weird happened when I thought I pushed reply & now I don't see my post.

I have a KA mixer, so I purchased the KA pasta roller attachment. I love it. It's one of the best investments I've made.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday September 30, 2009 3:42 PM

I have several different hand crank models. Altas & Darice to name a few. Any pasta machine will work, you just NOT set it on the smallest setting first. Start at the largest thickness and work your way down.

Report Violation

Bottom

luzmariasida
Posted: Wednesday September 30, 2009 5:12 PM

Is it a big help because i kind of get tired of my hands from rolling the fondant.

Report Violation

Bottom

babycakesII
Posted: Wednesday September 30, 2009 6:19 PM

I bought an Imperia with a motor attachment and I love it and use it all the time. I bought it on line for 149.00 with free shipping. Now they are on sale for 129.oo with free shipping. I can't believe the difference in rolling by hand and using the pasta machine. If you would like more information you can email me at gayesr@tampabay.rr.com

Sammy

Report Violation

Bottom

peg
Posted: Thursday October 01, 2009 2:25 PM

I have an atlas with a motor. And i agree, there is no way that i could get my fondant and gumpaste to a consistent depth with out using a pasta maker

Report Violation

Bottom

carkitto
Posted: Friday October 02, 2009 9:16 AM

Hi All,

I have a couple of pasta machines. Some hand crank as well as the Kitchen Aid attachment. Never used them for fondant, but they are great for making homemade pasta, raviolis, etc...

My question is how do you use it for the fondant? Just to make strips for ribbons or cutouts? Or can you roll out 3 or 4 long pieces, overlap them slightly and use a rolling pin to connect them to create a bigger piece to cover a cake.

I am making 2 12x18 sheet cakes for a shower and was wondering if I could use the pasta machine to make the fondant coverings for the cakes.

Thanks all,
Mike

Report Violation

Bottom

myersark
Posted: Saturday October 03, 2009 6:42 PM

LOTS of them on eBay! =)

Report Violation

Bottom

babycakesII
Posted: Sunday October 04, 2009 9:09 AM

carkitto,

No I wouldn't think the pasta machine would do for covering a large cake. I just use mine for making flowers and small items.
Sammy

Report Violation

Bottom

hpjmom
Posted: Sunday October 04, 2009 9:10 PM

carkitto--They actually make fondant sheeters to thin large pieces of fondant to cover cakes. They use them a lot on Cake Challenges. The small pasta machines are for making decorations.

Report Violation

Bottom

luzmariasida
Posted: Monday October 05, 2009 11:15 PM

i think they use the pasta machines to make the fondant thick and from there you roll it wider rite.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: