skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How much batter for 6" cake pans
Created On Sunday September 20, 2009 8:12 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Giny
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:12 AM

I am using 2-6" pans for the first time. Do I use all of the cake batter or put some into another pan? Also should I use my bake even strips on these small pans?

Report Violation

Bottom

baura_l
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:42 AM

Well, 2 6" rounds that are 2" deep need 2 cups of batter each. One cake mix is 4.5 if you want to be precise measure out 2 cups and pour into the pans and leftovers go for cupcakes If I were you I'd toss in the extra quarter to each makes my life easier? Well, you CAN use bake even strips the sticky part will just overlap a bit

Report Violation

Bottom

baura_l
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:48 AM

Please refer to Jeanne G's Frequently Asked Questions Topic for the batter amount links and answers to MANY other problems!

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:50 AM

For future reference here is a chart showing amount of batter needed for each pan size:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

Cake mixes vary in the amount of batter they make. Especially while you are learning the craft I think it is best to measure the batter for your pans, and use the leftover batter for cupcakes. (Cupcake liners in custard cups are convenient for baking a few cupcakes along with the cake.)

I use the baking strips on all size pans. You may be able to get by without them ... but there is no harm in using them and they may help. If you already own them, you might as well use them. On the other hand, if this isn't an "important" cake you could experiment on baking without them, and you'll know for next time if you need to bother.

Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

dtreister
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:54 AM

I have 2- 10"cake pans and would like to use the butter cake recipe. How long do I bake the cakes?

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 8:56 AM

Refer to this chart for amount of batter, temperature, bake time, number of servings, and even an estimate of the amount of frosting needed:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

Report Violation

Bottom

Giny
Posted: Sunday September 20, 2009 9:03 AM

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: