skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How long does MM keep in the refrigerator?
Created On Tuesday September 08, 2009 4:29 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

strawberrymom
Posted: Tuesday September 08, 2009 4:29 PM

I thought I saw this answer somewhere on here but I can't find it. I have some MM fondant that I made a few months ago in the refrigerator. I want to make some small figures with some of it ( it won't be eaten) and just wondering if it would be ok. Thanks SOOO much for the advise. :-D

Report Violation

Bottom

lovegrace
Posted: Tuesday September 08, 2009 4:31 PM

Yup, it should be just fine

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Tuesday September 08, 2009 4:34 PM

Wilton says "Marshmallow Fondant will keep well in refrigerator for several weeks." Especially since yours is not going to be eaten, I'd say the determining factor is whether it is still workable.

Report Violation

Bottom

strawberrymom
Posted: Wednesday September 09, 2009 12:54 PM

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing about how workable it would be. They are really hard right now. But anyway it doesn't matter anymore anyway because I'm not going to beable to make the cake now. I'm really disapointed but I have another cake to do in a few weeks and I'll just make fresh mm fondant for that and I'll get rid of the old stuff.

Thanks again for getting back to me and the help, you are all so nice!

Report Violation

Bottom

hpjmom
Posted: Wednesday September 09, 2009 4:02 PM

BTW--you can store mmf at room temp. Bunnywoman uses the expiration date on the marshmallows bag as a guide. I've kept & used it for a couple months. Some colors turn quicker (like pink & red). I usually taste it before I use it.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Thursday September 10, 2009 10:48 PM

DITTO what HPJMOM said.

I never put my MMF in the frig and I never put it in the freezer either. There is NOTHING in my recipe for MMF that will spoil. There is absolutely no reason to refrigerate.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Thursday September 10, 2009 10:51 PM

Interesting. I wonder why Wilton mentions storing theirs in the fridge -- same ingredients.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Thursday September 10, 2009 11:06 PM

Here is a splendid mm fondant tutorial by Peggy Weaver. She, too, recommends storing the mmf batch in the fridge.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

In fact all of the articles I googled said to refrigerate the unused fondant. That doesn't make it right -- but it does make me curious!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: