skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: DO I REFRIGERATE ROYAL ICING?!
Created On Thursday September 03, 2009 5:20 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

om1767
Posted: Thursday September 03, 2009 5:20 PM

I just finished mixing Royal Icing and the instructions say to store in airtight container,
but it doesn't say wether to put in fridge or not. I need it to ice cookies tomorrow night for a party on
Saturday afternoon. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Thursday September 03, 2009 7:14 PM

Never refrigerate royal!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

N8sMom96
Posted: Thursday September 03, 2009 7:18 PM

I also put a layer of plastic wrap on my RI press it down until it touches the icing (like you would do to a pudding to prevent a skin from forming) and then put the lid on my container. That is what my WMI told us to do.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Thursday September 03, 2009 7:33 PM

Yes.......your instructor is correct. But I also place a damp paper towel on top of the saran wrap and then the lid. This will help retain a bit of moisture so that the royal doesn't harden up like a rock. It then can be used again.

Report Violation

Bottom

ksrank
Posted: Friday September 04, 2009 8:04 AM
View users profile

I have both refrigerated and put leftover royal in the freezer, then taken it out, brought it down to room temperature, and rewhipped it with no problems. I have also left it out on the counter for a week and rewhipped it, again no problem. Royal icing is pretty user-friendly. The recipe we were given for royal icing at the master class was for a double recipe and included more meringue powder than that in the regular class books, so I usually have leftovers when I make it. I had wrist surgery and can't work a double batch in one day, so I had to try different storage methods and found just about anything worked well with royal.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: