skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How to store fondant covered cake?
Created On Thursday June 25, 2009 11:10 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

katheros
Posted: Thursday June 25, 2009 11:10 PM

I just finished Wilton Course 3 tonight. While I absolutely love cake, I definately don't need to be eating a 6" and 10" cake basically by myself. I have somewhere I can bring them on Tuesday, but they'll be about a week old by then. Is there a way I can keep them until then? They are fondant covered. I know you can freeze buttercream covered cakes, but I keep reading conflicting opinions about freezing fondant covered cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Friday June 26, 2009 10:21 AM

Congratulations on completing Course 3! Would love to see a picture!

Do not freeze or refrigerate a fondant covered cake. The fondant itself will form a barrier around the cake helping to lock in the freshness. A week old cake, is pressing it, in my opinion, but why not try it and see!

Report Violation

Bottom

katheros
Posted: Friday June 26, 2009 10:44 AM

Thank you for your help mmumsie. It actually occured to me at about 1 am, that I could send the cake with my husband to work. So I actually didn't have to figure out how to store it. I'll be sure to post pictures of it as soon as I get them uploaded to my computer.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Friday June 26, 2009 2:07 PM

Glad you figured it out. Look forward to seeing it! I'll be watching under "Life Celebrations" area of the forum.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: