skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: fluorescent icing colors???
Created On Tuesday June 16, 2009 12:20 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Hiedee
Posted: Tuesday June 16, 2009 12:20 PM

I have been looking and have not been able to find fluorescent colors anywhere. Does anyone know where i could get these or how to mix them from regular colors. I need Lime Green, hot pink, fluorescent yellow, and a bright neon blue.

I have searched and was not able to find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Hiedee

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Tuesday June 16, 2009 12:31 PM

You need to look under NEON food coloring. Americolor makes them, but I know if you put in a lot of Wilton's "Rose" paste coloring, it becomes a fluorescent hot pink. To make lime you need green and yellow.

Here is a link that might be helpful in mixing colors. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/Colormixing.shtml

Happy hunting!

Report Violation

Bottom

kat858
Posted: Friday July 31, 2009 8:37 PM

I was also searching for neon colors, especially neon green. I found Neon Gel Food Colors by Betty Crocker. I got mine at Walmart. It has orange, green, pink and purple. Hopes this helps!

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Friday July 31, 2009 8:42 PM

Americolor's electric colors are awesome. I use those a lot. They are very vibrant, Something else I like about them is that they come in squeeze bottles so you don't have to use a toothpick to get the color out like you do with Wilton colors (not knocking Wilton's, I use those too).

Report Violation

Bottom

Hiedee
Posted: Friday July 31, 2009 10:50 PM

I also found neon colors at walmart. It was the last place i looked but i did not care for it much at all. It make the buttercream all funky and made bubbles in it and it did not want to smoth very well.
You can see an example of it and my other cakes at http://couturecakesbyhiedee.angelfire.com/ for some reason my computer is not letting me edit photos tonight to make them smaller. There is a link right above the first cake on the page, that will take you to the other cakes. Also if you have your speakers on you might want to turn them down because there is a video from the Houston Aeros where they talk about a cake i made for them.

Thanks to everyone that helped!!!!

Hiedee

Report Violation

Bottom

vthorse
Posted: Tuesday August 04, 2009 3:13 PM

I use the Betty Crocker ones because one time that's all the store had. No problems with them.

Report Violation

Bottom

lizabel78
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 3:17 AM

I am also looking for flourescent colors especially green and I have found a green color but it is the powder and I am not sure if that will work with fondant Any one have any suggestions for me that can be used with fondant

Report Violation

Bottom

LesaVaughn
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 10:53 AM

Use the Ameri Colors, they work perfect in fondant as well. Ameri Color refers to the colors as Electric. You can find them at most cake supply stores, but you usually will not see the colors in a grocery store or in Wal Mart. You can also order online from several suppliers. Just note that the color charts on the internet for the electric Ameri Colors actually are not as vivid in the photo or color chart but are more vivid when you actually use the colors in icing or fondant.

Report Violation

Bottom

TBCALE
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 1:32 PM

I use the Americolors electric colors. They are wonderful for bright neon colors. You can find them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Good luck.

Report Violation

Bottom

TBCALE
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 1:33 PM

PS..... Welcome kat858 and lizabel78.

Report Violation

Bottom

furball
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 1:57 PM
View users profile

Americolor is what you're looking for. I did a wedding cake 4 years ago. Every tier was a different neon color, lime green, orange, yellow, and pink. I think Americolor calls them electric colors.

Report Violation

Bottom

tlh
Posted: Saturday June 11, 2011 10:31 PM

Michaels has some in Duffs cake supplies.

Report Violation

Bottom

lstockdill
Posted: Sunday June 12, 2011 4:35 PM

i just used the betty crocker neon green for fondant and i thought the color was great.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: