skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Help when using Pampered Chef bowl for doll cake.
riverchild 05/27/2009 7:33 AM
I am doing a luau cake for a little girl's birthday this weekend and decided to make the doll cake. I don't have the wondermold pan so I will be using the 2 qt pampered chef bowl. Does anyone know how much batter to put in and how long to bake it? I will be making another cake for it to sit on so I can wrap the lower half of the doll and use the entire doll. I did a search but couldn't find an exact answer. Thanks for any help.
Beginner Anne 05/27/2009 8:15 AM
Hi Beanie70!

When I did my doll cake in the pampered chef bowl - I beleive I used the whole cake mix - or filled it 3/4 of the way - the biggest problem is baking in the middle - I remember it taking a long time. I would call your local pampered chef consultant and see what they have to say as they are the ones promoting that you can bake a cake in them!

Good luck!! (I have found instead of cupcakes the little prep bowls being GREAT for giving you a perfect little ball if you have those!!)

Suzi
Boon 05/27/2009 11:41 AM
I believe I baked mine at 325 for 55-60 minutes. You want the center done and not the edges. Use solid vegetable shortening to grease sides and then flour lightly. I believe you either use the amount of batter, just don't fill it to the top. Hope that helps. Sounds like a cute idea!